January 2, 2013

RESOLUTIONS


Dear Self,

Here are our resolutions for 2013.

Some we will be die hard about. Some are just for fun. All of them I will strive to keep.

So, in no particular order:

{NO SWEETS} No Candy. No desserts. No syrup. No sweets! Now let's be realistic about this. We want this to last so don't go overboard. We can still have things with a bit of sugar still. Like bread. And some cereals. And chocolate cake...... Okay, no chocolate cake. But let's not spend hours reading labels and tossing something out cause it has a drop of sugar. Why do I feel the need to go on and on about this one? Probably cause it's gonna be the hardest to do and it's one of those ones I'm die hard about.

{MONTHLY PARTIES} Woo hoo! That's right. Nothing is better than a good party so every month I'm gonna throw a party. It could be a random-just because-no real reason party or it could be a birthday or holiday party. I am just now realizing that monthly parties and no sweets don't mix real well.... lame but whatever.

{FISH} this is one for Kurt. He loves fish. I don't. This year I am going to give fish a real shot. I'm going to buy it. Cook it. Allow Kurt to bring it home after a fishing trip. I'm gonna try like it. Good luck with this one.

{MAKE LASTING MEMORIES} This year is going to be one for the books. We are going to do things we've never done. We are going to be even more spontaneous. We are going fly by the seat of our pants. We are going to take everyday mundane and turn it into a memory we will treasure. Make memories as a family. Make memories with Kurt. Make memories with friends. Make memories that will last. 

{WRITE LETTERS} This year I will write a whole lot of letters. I will make sure I am keeping up on it. It's important to me. I think it will make a difference in my husbands and kids lives. This is gonna happen. 

{FAIL} Dream big. Follow those dreams. Fail. Then get up and learn from it. Some of my most growing moments in my life have been when I fail at things. This year I will fail a lot and in turn I will grown a lot. And who knows, maybe I won't fail at something too. Either way it will be great.

Now it's time to take 2013 by the horns and see where it takes me.

I am truly excited.

Sincerely, Lori