April 28, 2010

GOING TO THE DENTIST


Dear Kurt,

I am nervous about going to the dentist today.

Maybe even a little scared.

Going to the dentist is one of my least favorite things to do in the whole world.

It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I have sensitive teeth and a bajillion fillings and a missing tooth and hurting wisdom teeth and..... well you name it.

Why am I afraid to get my wisdom teeth out?

Here is the list:

• I always said I would be "put under" when I get my wisdom teeth out which is not going to happen now that we have to pay for the whole shabang.

• I have heard a lot of horror stories. And I mean a lot of them.

I fear pain. I always think something is going to hurt worse then it does. Except contractions. Those hurt worse then I thought.

• How am I going to take care of Brooklyn when I am all drugged up and in pain. (I will be drugged up, right?)

Anyways... there it is. I am a definite wimp when it comes to the dentist.

Maybe I can convince my mom to come and take care of Brooklyn (and me) for a week since she loves to travel around the country during the summers anyways...

Oh, and I heard once that dentists (out of all careers) have the highest suicide rate because people hate going to them, so whenever I go to the dentist I try and act extra happy because I don't want my dentist to commit suicide.... I know I am crazy.

Hopefully I can get this thing over with quick so I can think about something else.

Sincerely, Lori