June 10, 2014

NOT SCARED



Dear Brooklyn,

When you were younger you were kinda of a scaredy cat. 

You didn't want to do anything by yourself and even if we were with you you were still hesitant. 

You were also kind of a klutz. 

You ran into things and tripped over your own feet. 

Until recently you couldn't even jump off the floor.

And I never thought you would learn to ride a bike, even with training wheels. 

But now you are way more coordinated. 

And you are getting so brave.

You are surprising me all the time by doing things I never thought you would do. 

Even a simple thing like jumping off the couch into a pile of pillows and blankets is a big deal for you. It's something that you wouldn't have done a year ago.

I love seeing you try new things and becoming more sure of yourself. 

I love watching you experience things for the first time and watch your face light up when you realize that it was fun or exciting.

I am so glad that I am your mom.

I love you so much. 

Sincerely, mom