January 22, 2011

A RIDICULOUSLY DUMB THING TO DO




Dear Kurt,

I burnt my hand today.

To make a long and embarrassing story short: I grabbed the wrong end of my curling iron.

In my defense I was distracted and for some reason my curling iron was turned around, which it never is.

I called my mom crying because you were gone and it hurt worse then anything I have ever felt and she always knows how to calm me down.

My fingers, my thumb, and my palm felt like they were on fire. They still do.

I'm extremely frustrated that I can't do a lot of things now. Especially with my thumb and pointer finger (Who knew how much I use those two digits?)

I'm so glad you are such a great help with everything, namely: changing diapers, putting Brooklyn in her car seat, washing my hair, putting my hair in a pony tail, hooking my bra (which I'm surprised you agreed to), and putting band aids on my fingers.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. And the fact that I have spent all this time hacking out this letter with my left pointer finger is proof.

I love you.

Sincerely, Lori