January 26, 2011

NOTHING BUT A CLEANING DAY



THIS IS HOW KURT FOUND US WHEN HE GOT HOME FROM WORK: TOTALLY NOT DOING LAUNDRY

Dear Kurt,

I have been feeling overwhelmed.

I feel like everything I do is quickly undone.

I clean, clean, clean, only to have the house get messy, messy, messy again.

I seriously can't keep on top of it all.

It doesn't help that we have several construction projects going on.

Yesterday the vacuum guy had to cut a hole in the bottom of our cabinets and now there is sawdust all over the kitchen.

Today I am throwing everything out the window and am having a good, solid cleaning day.

That's right. No cute outfit. No cuddling time. No reading time (ok, maybe a little reading time, but only because Brooklyn is so dang cute and she can scream so dang loud). No projects.

Just cleaning.

Here is my list: scrub inside of cabinets, wipe outside of cabinets, sweep, mop, clean kitchen counter and everything on top of kitchen counter, do all laundry, put away all laundry, vacuum living room, vacuum bedrooms, vacuum office, organize desk, scrub bathroom, scrub high chair, organize Brooklyn's closet, clean inside of couches, clean underneath couches, dust...... everywhere, clean light fixtures, clean baseboards, organize coat closet, do dishes, clean fridge, organize pantry, organize toys, clean appliances, clean mirrors, and anything else I forgot.

So, throughout the day I will come back and cross stuff off that list. Hopefully at the end of today I will have it all done and still have a happy Brooklyn.

Wish me luck.

Sincerely, Lori