August 22, 2013

A CRAZY FUN BIRTHDAY




Dear Kurt,

You sure know how to make a girl feel special and loved on her birthday. 

I woke up to birthday wishes and notes on every mirror in the house and a counter top full of gifts. 

Then you told me to be ready to leave the house around two for a surprise date. 

After a nice, lazy morning and a delicious lunch with my sister, I dropped the girls off at your moms. 

When I got home you had the truck packed and ready to go. 

We started driving, all the while I was trying to guess where we could be headed. 

We made a quick stop in rexburg to pick up sandwiches at Gater Jacks  
Then we drove. We drove to what seemed like the middle of nowhere, but at the last second I recognized where we were: monkey rock. 
 

Monkey rock is a place from our past. A waterfall and swimming hole that we use to come to when we were dating. 

We swam a bit, jumped from the waterfall, built a fire, explored, laid in the sun, and sat and talked. 

It was awesome. But the date wasn't over. 

We packed up our stuff and hit the road again. 

We drove and drove and drove. 

Finally we were so far from anything that I knew where we were going: the ice caves. 
 

When we got there, we parked, had a picnic in the back of the truck, and then got dressed in our warm clothes. 

We made our way down into the cave and soon enough we were in the dark slipping around on the ice.
 

It was so much fun I didn't even care my fingers were freezing cold. 

 
We made it to the end of the cave to the slide, which we went down over and over. 

We made our way back toward the entrance but before we got to the end you stopped and lit some candles and sang to me. 

On the long drive home we stopped to shoot at some birds, watched the sun go down, and watched a beautiful lightning storm roll across the sky and eventually over us. 

It was a perfect day. I felt so loved. 

Thank you. I love you. 

And happy birthday to me. 

Sincerely, Lori