February 8, 2011

TO SCHOOL FOR COOL



Dear Kurt,

You, my friend, are too school for cool.

That's right. You are so not cool.

You come home from school and after a quick hug and kiss and "how was your day" you plopped on the couch, stick your earphones in your ears, and start listening to lectures and doing homework.

Lame.

And then I put Brooklyn down for a nap and then plopped on the other couch and just stare at you.

Even lamer.

After a while you pull out your earphones and say "what's up?" I usually tell you how boring you are. You make no apologies. You are the one having to do homework after all, not me. You usually just give me a "life sucks, live with it." look and then put your earphones back in your ears.

Today I (mentally) screamed "ENOUGH! I will not spend my day staring at my homework doing husband and begging him to take a break for an hour..... or two..... or six.... to hang out with me!"

So I packed up the little munchkin and hopped in the car and drove to the end of the street to hang out with Camille.


BROOKLYN PLAYING WITH LUCAS

If I was going to be doing nothing then I was going to be doing nothing with someone who didn't have earphones in their ears.

Plus, Brooklyn loves to play with Lucas so I didn't have to do any entertaining.


I think I might spend all your study hours at her house.

Sincerely, Lori