December 7, 2010

WHEN YOU PICK A FIGHT WITH A VAN




Dear Mom,

Today you had a fight with the van.

The van won.

In fact, the van put you in the hospital.

8 stitches and a headache later I get a text message from Christina with several sad pictures of your forehead.



I was instantly worried and called right away. You said you were fine.

It brought back bad memories of when you fell off a ladder six years ago and ended up with some nasty head wounds. We joked that it was a good thing I wasn't there today because I would probably just have told you over and over again "It's so bad, mom, you're gonna die!"

In all seriousness, I am so sorry you got hurt today.

Please be more careful.

I hope you feel better soon and heal quickly.

I will call and check on you tomorrow.

I love you so much!

Sincerely, Lori