December 29, 2010

POSSIBLY NOT A PROFESSIONAL, BUT NOT A BAD START



I WILL BE SORE TOMORROW.

Dear Kurt,

Tonight you taught me how to snowboard.

You convinced me to skip the bunny hill and go straight for the mountain.

Okay, mountain might be a slight exaggeration but when you have to pass the bunny hill, which is on about a 5 degree angle, to get to where we were snowboarding, I think mountain is as good of a description as any.

The first time on the ski lift was a little terrifying. There was nothing holding us in! And it was pretty high up and windy! Needless to say, I held on for dear life the whole way up.

After we got me strapped to my board we attempted to make our way down the mountain. I'm pretty sure I fell at least 20 times just in the first 20 yards or so.

The next 20 yards weren't so bad. I think I only fell about 10 times. I was quite proud of myself until I asked you if I was doing pretty good... You responded "No. You are horrible. I've never seen somebody so bad!"

Humph!

Well, turns out that was your bad.

You told me yesterday when I was asking how to snowboard that I shouldn't lean back on my heels. Well..... turns out that was dead wrong. When learning you should almost always be on your heels!

Once I got that figured out I was amazing, right!?! (Don't answer that.)

The second time down I didn't fall even once!!! Woo hoo! I'm going pro now!

The third time down I fell a lot... on purpose. No really. I had to stop a lot because my legs were burning! Holly cow, I think I should take up P90X or something before we go again because my weak little legs were dying!

After that I forced myself the learn the zig-zag thing. What was the called again? because then I wasn't using my leg muscles as much.

But I was using my tail bone and face a little more. The zig-zag thing makes you go fast and that resulted in a little more falling than not.

LORI, SHANIA, AND KURT, TRYING TO GET WARM IN THE TRUCK

By the end of the night, I was beat. And so were you after you left me for a while to take on the actual mountain with your Uncle Jeff.

It was super fun. I would like to go again soon. After the whole P90x thing, of course.

Thanks so much for teaching me. And like I said when we finally made it down the mountain the first time "sorry I was wanted to kill you up there."

I love you so much.

Sincerely, Lori