May 8, 2011

OH HOW I LOVE YOU, MOM






Dear Mom,

I cannot even begin to put into words how much you mean to me.

You are an amazing person that I strive to be like.

I am sorry that I never fully appreciated all that you have done for me until I was grown up.

I can't thank you enough for all the hours and hours you spent helping me type up papers and doing school projects and helping me brainstorm. You are smart and creative and patient, and I hope one day I can be those things for my children too.

I will forever be grateful for the endless support you have given me. I can't think of a single game that you weren't sitting in the bleachers cheering me on. I can't think of a single dream where you weren't asking "how can I help you achieve that?" You always supported me without even a nano seconds worth of hesitation. I know that this is why I grew up with confidence and energy and ambition. This is one part of you that I pray will come naturally to me too.

I thank you for all the love, hugs, kisses, cuddling and embraces you always gave out by the handfuls. I never doubted that I was loved. I never wondered if someone would pick me up when I was down. I still love coming home to visit and curling up next to you and laying my head on your lap. I don't think I will ever get tired of being held by my mommy. I love that, that part of you is instilled in me. I will always be the kind of mom that cuddles up with her kids and kisses and hugs them even when they are old enough to be embarrassed by it.

I love you for a billion reasons, all of which I hope to be able to express throughout my life. I will always be grateful that I was raised by such an amazing woman. You inspire me to try and be a great mom to my children.

I hope you will always be proud to be my mom.

I love you so much.

Sincerely, Lori