February 7, 2010

BAD MOMMY


3 WEEKS OLD


FIVE WEEKS OLD - PHOTO BY DANIELLE


TWO MONTHS OLD


SIX MONTHS OLD

Dear Brooklyn,

Today I am a bad mommy.

First - You woke up at 4:30. Usually I would feed you, you would quickly fall back to sleep and then I would put back in your crib. This time was different. After I fed you I looked down and there were two huge eyes staring back up at me. With four hours of sleep and only six the night before I decided (even though I swore I wouldn't try this again) that now was the time to let you "cry-it-out". I thought it would take 20 minutes at most. Two hours of almost pure crying and about 15 trips to your room to give you your binky later, I picked you up and rocked you to sleep within five minutes.

Second - I always put you in your bobby while I get ready for the day. Today I got all ready then I ran downstairs to get your clothes out of the dryer. As I was coming through my bedroom to go into the bathroom where you were, I heard a loud bang and then you screaming. I ran into the bathroom and found you facedown on the tile. You had somehow wiggled yourself out of the seat and fell face firs into the ground.

I felt like the worst mom in the whole world.

I'm sorry. Tomorrow I will be better.

I love you.

Sincerely, Lori