February 16, 2010

FOOD POISONING



Dear Kurt,

Do you think I have food poisoning?

I woke at 2 in the morning and my stomach and chest hurt so bad that I couldn't go back to sleep. The whole time I thought I was going to have to run to the bathroom and throw up.

Three years ago I had food poisoning and this was how I felt. So all night long I thought "this is definitely food poisoning."

It's now 3:00 p.m. and I haven't thrown up... weird for food poisoning, right? Right. Last time I had food poisoning I threw up dozens of times within the first 24 hours.

Then I got to thinking "could I be pregnant?"

I have been counting and re-counting the days. No. I couldn't be pregnant. Could I? I probably wouldn't be feeling sick this soon.... I'm not ready to be pregnant again.

So after much contemplation I have come to this conclusion. I am not pregnant. It's way to early to be sick cause I would have gotten pregnant within the last week.

Phew. What a relief.

Now that that is cleared up - what's wrong with me?

Sincerely, Lori