August 19, 2010

SURPRISE BIRTHDAY TRIP



Dear Kurt,

After weeks of secrets and hiding and planning with Kacey I finally found out what the birthday surprise was: A trip to Utah for me and Brittanny (it was her birthday a few days ago) filled with fun!

We left Wednesday morning and went straight to one of our favorite places in Utah: Flowrider, the indoor surfing place. It was Brittanny's and Kacey's first time going. We all had a ton of fun and are planning surfing trips for the future.

The next surprise was a hotel and then a little trip to The Gateway for some shopping.


The next day we made our way over to Lagoon!!! Yeah! I love Lagoon. But it wasn't all cupcakes and butterflies... when we got there it was pouring rain. I mean, we were soaked before we got through the gates. We went straight to a shop and bought some ponchos. When we found a ride that was still running we rode it several times until our faces hurt from being pelted with rain. At that time we decided to leave the park for some lunch while the rain cleared out.

When we got back things were perfect! The rain scared a lot of people away so we were from ride to ride within minutes. Which actually turned out as a bad thing for Kacey at one point because his stomach didn't have time to settle and he threw up after a ride. Then the weather turned clear and hot so we suited up and went over to Lagoon-A Beach. It was so fun and probably my favorite part of the day.

You also won a couple stuffed animals for Brooklyn at a 3-point shootout game.

I haven't been pampered like this in a long time. I loved every second of it. Thank you so, so, so much. It was exactly what I needed. You know how much I love surprises and you really made this birthday special.

Sincerely, Lori