February 27, 2011

STYLING SUNDAY: WEEK SIX AND SEVEN













Dear Everyone,

Soooo.... I totally missed last weeks Styling Sunday.

I didn't even get out of my pj's last weekend, except to go to church. I was in a mood, remember?

With some convincing from Kurt I finally decided to swap the oversized sweatshirts for cardigans and the lounge pants for jeans, at least some of the time.

I am back on my A game for this next week. Lots of cute styling to come.

I decided to answer a few questions I have been getting, so here goes:

Do you take your pictures yourself? Yes, I take a lot of my pictures myself. When Kurt is home he takes them for me, which is easier and faster, but he basically kicks and screams the whole time. I wish I had my sister here to take pictures for me. They would be way cuter.

Where do you shop? Well.... I don't have a lot of money to spend on clothes so the cheaper the better. Places I frequent are Target, Old Navy, JC Pennys, Aeropostle, DownEast, etc. There are a couple smaller stores in the mall here that have some cute stuff for cheap. Spend your money on your basics and go cheap on the really trendy stuff. I always look at the clearance racks. My favorite pair of jeans were $6 at Target. I even found some cute cowboy boots at a thrift store this week (see Sunday's picture.)

What are your styling secrets? Okay, really I don't have many secrets. But, I would say it is all in the accessories. Belts, jewelry, scarfs, socks, shoes. And it helps that I am a clothes pack-rat. I have a sweater that I got in 2001 that I still have in my closet. I am now learning how to wear things I haven't worn in a loooong time. Another thing: think layers! I am always cold to it doesn't hurt for me to wear 3 or even 4 layers.

Do you wear the same outfit more than once? Not the exact same outfit. But definitely the same pieces of clothes. I bet I could make a thousand different outfits with what I have in my closet but I might just have to go back to some of my favorites.

And this wasn't a question but a request from me: try your own Styling Sunday. Put together some cute outfits, take pictures, blog about it. Do it all week or just one day. I found out fast what looks good and what I want my style to be by taking pictures of myself. I also feel great when I am dressed and ready for anything or when someone in the store compliments my sweater or boots or something.

If you do this then write me comment next Sunday, or send me an email because I want to check you out! Okay? Okay.

Have an awesome and styling week!

Sincerely, Lori