March 2, 2010

OBLIVIOUS


YES, THIS IS HOW I SHOWED UP TO THE HOSPITAL TO DELIVER MY BABY.
IT TURNED OUT TO BE TE BEST OUTFIT TO HAVE MY WATER BREAK IN.


Dear Kurt,

As I was looking through the archives of my old blog I came across this post which was still in draft mode.

"Well, our baby is due in 9 days. It totally doesn't seem real that it's so soon therefore I still have a billion things to do so if she holds off at least till this Sunday to make an appearance then I will be a happy person. A few things that I will be doing today and tomorrow are setting up the baby's room, packing my hospital bag, and putting the car seat in the car... pretty much all the things that should have been done a month ago but procrastination has been a life-long friend of mine.

A few things I am looking forward to:
• Being a mom (this one also scares the crap out of me)
• No more morning sickness all day long and puking my guts out.
• No more contractions. At least twice an hour since I was four months along and then every ten minutes for the last week.
• Being able to dress our little girl in all the cute clothes we have for her."

The funny thing is that I was already having contractions that I assumed were just strong Braxton Hicks, my water broke later that day while we were out boating, and she was here by the next morning.

He he.

Sincerely, Lori