March 11, 2011

THE FINE ART OF SLEEPING IN





Dear Kurt,

Yesterday our daughter slept in really, really late.

Like so late I'm not even going to tell you what time I finally woke her up.

Like so late I had to go and make sure she was still breathing about ten times.

Like so late I wondered if she was in a coma!

Let's just say it was well into the afternoon.

It was probably the short nap the day before and the being at Camille's until late (even though she slept at her house.)

But lets be honest: the girl takes after me!

I can appreciate sleeping in until noon. You, on the other hand, feel like you wasted your entire day if you wake up past nine! Nine!! I feel like I'm being punished if I have to get up before nine.

In my defense, I usually fall asleep between 1 and 3 in the morning but there are days when I hit the sack at ten and still don't get up until Brooklyn wakes me up around 10 am.

Maybe it's a girl thing. The girls in my family really know how to enjoy a late Saturday morning. Some of us have even perfected the art.

I think Brooklyn is on her way to making us Brooksby girls proud.

It probably happened that way so the guys can finish their early morning fishing before we even wake up. Don't ya think?

Sincerely, Lori