April 26, 2011

I ALMOST DIED





Dear Kurt,

I am alive!!!

Okay, I know that is slightly dramatic, but I did feel like it was touch and go there for a while.

So, here is how the last few day's went down:

After some great Easter fun we made our way home with me not feeling too great. I went straight to bed.

Late that night, Brooklyn woke up puking her guts out. After a screaming bath, she puked up some more.

And then some more.

I was quite miserable so you took care of her and eventually got her to go back to bed.

Meanwhile, I was tossing and turning and hurting so bad that I wished death would take me.

Finally around 4:30 am, I decided to break out the good stuff: Zofran.

I had about 20 tablets left over from my pregnancy and let me tell you: this stuff is like gold to me when I am pregnant. The fact that I waited until 4:30 to take it is proof of that.

But on my way to dig the pills out of the medicine cabinet, I stopped by the kitchen sink for my own little puking session.

After ridding my body of everything I ate in the last six months plus any stomach acid I had stored up, I took my precious pill and went to bed feeling a bit better.

Until morning that is.

The next ten hours I laid in bed thinking "this is the end."

I waited for flashes of happy moments and maybe some bright lights, but instead I got you trying to stuff medicine and gold fish into my mouth.

I cried for my mommy and later that night she showed up. Just in time for me to realized that my life was not over and I could maybe contemplate eating Easter dinner again sometime in the distant future.

Now I am feeling a ton better but now you are tucked in bed feeling a little nauseous yourself.

Poor boy.

Not a nice thank you for taking care of your sick wife and daughter, huh?

Well, I really did appreciate it. And now I can return the favor.

I'll even let you have some Zofran and stick gold fish down your throat.

I love you so much!

Sincerely, Lori